Frankincense Neglecta Resin has a fresh and rich aroma that is sweet and incense-like. It has long been synonymous with spirituality, as its uses involve ritual and temple offerings across religions, both historic and modern day.
Neglecta is a rare and unique species of Frankincense. Neglecta trees produce an unusual black Frankincense resin that seeps naturally from the bark.
The resins are collected by the women in the Ogaden region of Ethiopia from trees that grow wild, in a localized sustainable fashion that provides livable wages, and empowers the working women of this region through education and sustainable income opportunities.
Properties: Analgesic, Antifungal, Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiseptic, Astringent, Carminative, Digestive, Diuretic, Expectorant, Sedative, Tonic, Vulnerary
Specific Benefits of Frankincense Neglecta Resin:
Frankincense Neglecta Resin is high in alpha-pinene, which dilates airways and promotes deep and calm breathing, hence the use of this kind of frankincense in many religious rituals.
Supporting the immune system
Frankincense Neglecta Resin contains high amounts of terpinen-4-ol, the primary active compound in Tea Tree Essential Oil, which has antibacterial and antifungal effects. It is often used to help contain harmful microbes and prevent infections.
Frankincense Neglecta Resin has powerful analgesic properties and is useful in relieving various kinds of pain. Within aromatherapy, it has long been used to help with migraine headaches.
- Crush Resin with a mortar or pestle and add a teaspoon into 1-2 cups of warm or room temperature water. No heat is necessary to extract the medicinal properties from the resin.
- Use plastic wrap or a cloth to cover your cup or container. Let set overnight.
- Drink the resin infusion throughout the next day.
- This tea should be good for a couple days refrigerated.
- If you made too much, try freezing the remaining tea in ice cube trays.
- Make sure to listen to your body and moderate your intake. It is better to consume small amounts over-time, rather than a large quantity all at once.
- You can reuse the tears used during the first infusion for another batch!
How to Burn Resin:
With multiple different resin burners available, there are many ways to burn resin. We recommend using an adjustable resin burner, with these burners you may use a candle and adjust to the desired heat.
Burning resin using a charcoal: Using tongs, light a charcoal with matches or lighter until it ignites. Once it is lit, put the charcoal in an incense burner (avoid wood or glass as it would burn or shatter.) To prevent burning any surfaces fill the bottom of the container with sand, stones or dirt. Add a small amount of resin to the top of the charcoal. As the resin burns feel the atmosphere get blanketed in aromatic bliss!
Free Shipping on All Orders over the Continental US!
We use SSL to keep your information private
Return unused items within 45 days of purchase
Friendly, Responsive Support